Dynamic multimedia designer with over fourteen years of experience in executing designs for User Interfaces, mobile, web and print. Highly skilled in managing the creative design experience from concept to completion for extremely large and small applications. Extremely talented in facilitating collaborative partnerships between sales, marketing and senior management to unify company design initiatives. Extensive experience in successfully assisting companies expand their brand awareness and redevelop their presence in web and print.
User Experience Designer
GetWellNetwork - Bethesda, Maryland
January 2013 - Present
- Understand and analyze user needs. Research markets and competitors.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to help define requirements via empirical data, usability studies, market research, and proven user centered design principles.
- Create personas and workflow libraries to represent end-users and the context in which they will interact with the system.
- Create process flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups as needed to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors.
- Present product design work to the product team, and GetWellNetwork executives for review and feedback; responsibly and effectively advocate for users imparting day-to-day strategic design leadership that fosters a shared understanding of the user-centric intersection between design, technology, content and business considerations.
- Work with engineers to translate the desired product user experience into the reality of the product; build and launch new products and features.
Graphic Designer / Art Director
WeatherBug - Germantown, Maryland
July 2005 - November 2012
- Design User Interfaces for WeatherBug Mobile applications including: Apple IOS, Google Android, and
- Work directly with Marketing, Product, Advertising Operations and Sales to coordinate, design and develop marketing slicks, brochures, Trade Show displays, scientific charts and graphs, WeatherBug.com web page content sections, support banner ads and sales materials.
- Design User Interfaces and content pages for the WeatherBug Desktop application and website.
- Design Advertising BrandWraps working with iconic elements supplied from external clientele.
- Execute product design for web, print, user interfaces and mobile applications using wireframes and storyboards.
- Maintain branding guidelines across WeatherBug/Earth Network business groups.
- Provide positive communication with internal business groups and external clientele to ensure goal achievement and overall product satisfaction.
- Provide creative development leadership.
- Manage Marketing, Product, Advertising Operations and Sales’ deliverable schedules to ensure completion of projects on time.
- Manage the Design Team’s production schedule and budget.
Lead Web Designer / Graphic Designer
Winter & Company Commercial Real Estate Finance - New York, New York
November 2003-July 2005
- Create and maintain content as needed for Winter & Company
and W Financial websites.
- Provide technical and creative expertise in handling search engine optimization.
(Achieved top 20 placement in Google for industry specific competitive keywords.)
- Devise new web/print strategies to enhance company exposure.
- Design and create materials for company client base and lenders.
- Concept and design company materials.
Merricke Towle Communications - Beltsville, Maryland
March 2002-November 2003
- Concept and design company websites.
- Design multimedia kiosks using Adobe Flash and Director.
- Assist production of print materials.
- Design ad layouts and brochures.
- Draw floor plans using Adobe Illustrator.
- Project managed websites from concept to completion.
Lead Web Designer / Multimedia Designer
Adventure Web Productions - Baltimore, Maryland
December 1999-January 2002
- Production Director for corporate and E-commerce web sites.
- Design customized images and Flash/Java animations for web pages.
- Design and update layout navigation structure of web sites.
- Perform manual updates and content changes for web sites.
- Conceptualize and design promotional materials.
- Adobe Photoshop CS5
- Adobe Illustrator CS5
- Adobe Acrobat 9
- Adobe Dreamweaver CS5
- Adobe Flash CS5
- Adobe InDesign CS5
- QuarkXPress 8
- Apple IOS
- Google Android
- Google Chrome
- Windows Phone
- Cascading Style Sheets
- Search Engine Optimization
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Mac / Windows OS
University of Maryland Baltimore County
Bachelor of Arts in Imaging and Digital Art